Do you feel like you have a hard time in your relationships? Are you in a relationship now but things just aren’t quite working right, even though you love each other? There are a lot of areas where a relationship may break down and chances are you’re both at fault. Having a love life isn’t easy, and we often times treat personal lives different than any other aspect of our lives.
Some people bottle up their emotions, and don’t let their partner know how they feel. Other people may listen to their partner’s problems and try to fix them, when all the partner wants is a sympathetic ear. There’s lots of ways our communication may break down without us even realizing it.
On this episode of the James Swanwick Show, James interviews relationship expert Connor Beaten. Connor will explore the many ways people lose control of their love life and ways you can start making changes now to ensure happy relationships.
Download this episode of the James Swanwick Show to see how to put your relationships on the right path..
- The key to a successful long distance relationship is communication.
- Relationships can be a conduit for our greatest growth.
- Trying to be the “nice guy” can lead to communication problems.
- You can’t create contracts in your head and not communicate them.
- People buy into societal norms and need to explore their own future.
- You need to know and express your non-negotiables.
- You need to ask for permission in a conversation, not make a definitive stance.
- Guys are always listening with a filter of, “What’s the point?”
- Don’t try to solve your girlfriends problem. Listen and sympathize with the problem.
- Be an active listener with your partner.
- Ask questions.
- Give validation and permission to feel that way.
- You need to be ok with being wrong.
- Set your priorities properly.
- Approach your relationship like you would your career.
- We give love the way that we want to receive it.
- Everyone wants to be loved differently.
- Anger is implosive or explosive.