Are there things that you have always wanted to do, but just haven’t found the courage to do so? Is there a place you have always wanted to visit, but haven’t made your way there yet? Is there a job you’ve always wanted, but have never applied for? Why have you not done these things? Realize if you never try, they will absolutely never happen.
Completing these things, is simply as just showing up. You will miss out on these things if you never attempt them. You will regret it, for who knows as long, as well as missing out on great experiences, or even something that could change your life.
On this episode of the James Swanwick show, James broadcasts from the Jake Owen concert in Nashville, Tennessee. He discusses the importance of chasing after your dreams, and just showing up.
- While performing, Jake Owen shares his story of his life, which inspires James to share parts of it.
- Jake Owen called his parents and instead of pursuing his career, he went to Nashville, and thirteen years later is playing in concerts around the world.
- What’s the lesson? If your heart is telling you to do it, give it a shot!
- Sometimes you just have to say “F it,” and make your move.
- Woody Allen said, “80% of successes is simply showing up” – Just show up!
- James auditioned for a job with ESPN as a sports anchor and got the job. He simply showed up and the results were positive.
- Just show up!
- What is a thing that you know you want to do, but you just haven't done yet?
- Where is a place you have always wanted to go to, but haven't visited yet?
- Proximity is power, put yourself in a place where you are surrounded by people that you want to be like.
- Challenge yourself, and do something that you have been wanting to do for a while.