When things go wrong, it’s extremely important to learn from whatever happened. Otherwise, a mistake is a complete waste! If you carefully learn from your (or other people’s) mistakes, they can actually be a very good thing and an opportunity to learn! On today’s episode, I am going over some of the major mistakes I made last week, so that you don’t have to make them!
When you have conflict in your life, you have two options: You can either let the conflict sit there and simmer just below the surface, or you can confront it head on. If you let it simmer, you will find that it takes up a large amount of mental energy, keeps you from focusing on what you have to focus on, and essentially eats at you as long as it’s there!
Instead, the proper response is to confront it head on! It might be painful, but ripping off the bandaid quickly is far better than trying to go slow and gentle. Don’t let conflicts take up your mental energy, confront them!
Learn from my mistakes to live your best life, on this episode of the James Swanwick Show!
- Resolve conflicts as fast as you can. When you leave things unresolved, it leaves an open loop, and it eats at you and takes up mental energy
- When you ignore problems and don’t confront them, they don’t just go away
- Be prepared for things to go wrong. They always will, and if you’re unprepared you will waste a lot of time
- When you get into an emotional state, you end up making much worse decisions than you would otherwise
- Put things in the calendar to make sure they happen
- Be aggressive about making SURE you do what you say you’re going to do
- Value your time and put strict limits around it