“A smile is the simplest and most powerful gift you can give anyone, including yourself.” – James Swanwick
(click to tweet)
Are you willing, really willing, to step into someone else’s shoes? To understand what they’re all about? To approach new ideas and new experiences without judgment, but rather with an eye toward learning?
This episode is a continuation of last Monday’s report from Burning Man, and I am talking with several people about what burning man means to them, what they get out of it, and what they think that the world can take away from the ideas.
For many, Burning Man is an opportunity to get back to ground zero. To hit the restart button if you will, get back to pure nature, and take a look at the world around you from that vantage point. When you start to commit yourself to that process, you can see things with more clarity than you did, and you can often understand things about your life and decisions you need to make far better.
Many criticize or laugh at Burning Man as just a bunch of hippies out in the desert, but the truth is that there is a lot to learn here about life, and how to live the best life possible. And that’s exactly what I’m bringing you on this episode of the James Swanwick Show!
“The best people in the world are the weirdos, because they are the people who are thinking outside the box, unwilling to be contained by society.” – Thai Neave
(click to tweet)
- Giving without the expectation of anything in return has tremendous effects on your health and well-being
- A smile is the simplest and most powerful gift you can give anyone, including yourself
- The best people in the world are the weirdos, because they are the people who are thinking outside the box, unwilling to be contained by society
- Life is very short, we’re all going to die, youth is fleeting, so simply enjoy your life!
- You have to take time to reflect on your year, get a reality check, get away from it all, and see what insights you come up with
- Step into other people’s world without judgement, and try to understand what they are all about