“Do things your afraid of, just to realize that nothing bad actually happens.” – Till Gross
(click to tweet)
Getting out of your comfort zone is one of the most important skills you can master in your life, if you want to learn how to do more, be more, achieve, and have more happiness in your life, and today’s episode is all about how to do just that!
Till Gross is here talking about the ways that we try has hard as we possibly can to avoid rejection, when in reality, even when you are rejected, nothing bad happens! Life continues as usually, and it really doesn’t even hurt that bad!
In order to get beyond our fear we need to continually do the things that we fear the most in order to ingrain in our minds that our fear is in fact not justified! Nothing too painful happens, and we are none the worse, even if we end up getting rejected!
Till is also talking about the specific exercises that we can do to make sure that we are continually getting out of our comfort zone. Learn what they are on this episode of the James Swanwick Show!
“It’s not all about not fearing or feeling pain, but about not letting any of that hold you back.” – Till Gross
(click to tweet)
- Fear of rejection is instilled deep inside of you because of our evolutionary history, even though there are not the same kind of real world consequences to rejection that there used to be
- Because of fear of pain, most people don’t walk up to people and talk to them, so most of us don’t realize that the pain isn’t even there
- As you continue to put yourself in those situations over and over again, you realize that there is no real pain
- It’s not all about not fearing or feeling pain, but about not letting any of that hold you back
- Do things your afraid of, just to realize that nothing bad actually happens
- Comfort zone challenge are all about making fun of yourself, not other people
- Often the struggle to succeed is what brings the most happiness and brings meaning in your life