A wide variety of people approach the 30 Day No Alcohol challenge for a plethora of reasons. Some people commit to it because they struggle with alcoholism, others because they want to eliminate the drink for health purposes, but a resounding amount commit to it due to the sole reason of wanting to improve their lifestyle. Are you living a healthy lifestyle, but confused as to why you are not getting more out of life?
On today’s episode of the James Swanwick show, James is joined by Vicky Sherman, a women who recently completed his 30 Day No Alcohol Challenge. Vicky lived an incredibly healthy lifestyle, except for one facet, the fact that she would overindulge in alcohol come weekends. Vicky used to love beer, and would drink it in large amounts come weekends. Vicky not only completed the 30 Day No Alcohol Challenge, but she also was able to mainly eliminate the drink from her diet. Occasionally, she will indulge in a glass of wine, but because of the immense impact the 30 No Alcohol Challenge had on her life, she decided to stop drinking beer.
- Vicky Sherman was inspired to take up the 30 Day No Alcohol Challenge after realizing how unhealthy alcohol is for your body
- All of her other habits are health conscious ones, yet come weekends she found herself overindulging in alcohol.
- Fan of fun, and unique IPA beer. Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Minimum 3, or a lot more if going “wild”.
- Affected her productivity, where she would not feel great, so she would put things off.
- After she stopped drinking, she gained 7-10 lbs, and was confused about why she was gaining weight. While researching this, she came across James’ challenge.
- She wanted to see the positivity that would stem from completing the 30 Day No Alcohol Challenge.
- Loved receiving a video everyday. She found that they were encouraging, and challenged her.
- The videos brought about a new interest with self-development as a whole.
- Vicky found that during the week it was easy to stay away from alcohol, but the weekends were harder for her.
- Was used to looking towards alcohol to relax, and not having that relaxing outlet tended to make her more irritable.
- Now, after completing the challenge, she will treat herself to a glass of wine every once in a great while.
- Through this process she learned where and what her triggers are, and how to curb them.
- Vicky raves about the 30 Day No Alcohol Challenge, and encourages others to try it out too.