There’s an old expression: “It takes money to make money.” It’s absolutely true.
Over the last few weeks James has been traveling to various conventions and networking events in order to make progress in his Swannies business. James has spent thousands upon thousands of dollars to attend these events – and it’s paid off.
In this time James has gotten amazing advice from some of the biggest people in the industry. He’s had feedback the most successful marketers and biggest resale companies in the world. It wouldn’t have happened if James hadn’t done two things.
1) Invest in himself
Most people would look at spending thousands of dollars just to hear people talk and meet a few strangers as a waste. If James hadn’t spent the money on airlines, hotels, and tickets to events he wouldn’t have had face to face conversations with people from companies like Bed Bath & Beyond and CVS.
Making one sale with these companies would easily pay for all of his expenses, and grow the company massively. It’s important to look at the long term investment. So many people shy away from the short term investment and end up losing so much money in the long run.
2) Being humble
We all have a moment to shine. We will all get out chance to brag, but that should never stand in the way of getting advice. James saw an opportunity to not look like a big shot in exchange for feedback from the event attendees. He was invited to tell marketers at one of the world’s largest events all about the problems in his company. Most people would be afraid to let their guard down, and James was nervous, but felt the need to do it.
It paid off. James was able to spend one minute telling about his pitfalls and opening up to a large audience. From this he received 28 suggestions on how to make his company better. He also no longer had to network one by one, hunting people down and explaining himself and his business a thousand times. People were now hunting down James, desperately looking to give him advice.
Download this episode of the James Swanwick show to hear about James’ adventures and learn what growing a business is really all about.
- ClickBank is where the world’s most successful online marketers sell their products.
- You can also become an affiliate and get a commision on other people’s products.
- Affiliate programs are great ways to make money without creating your own products.
- If you sell your products with an affiliate, you have to give them a cut but you gain more customers for future sales.
- All-inclusive resorts means you don’t have to pay at restaurants.
- You just show up, order, eat, and leave.
- Sightseeing can be a great way to bond with other business people.
- If you make a good connection and people speak well of you, it can have a positive influence in your life even years later.
- Don’t be afraid to welcome constructive criticism, it can help you more that you could ever imagine.
- One minute of opening up to problems lead to 28 suggestions for improvements in James’ company.
- Everyone gets shy and nervous about speaking, you can’t let it hold you back.
- When you have the microphone, you have the power – seize the opportunity.
- Try to create goodwill and introduce people who can help each other.
- Rejection can give you the best feedback, don’t get disheartened.
- Don’t be afraid to fail.
- It’s always best to make a connection through your network rather than cold contact someone.
- All it takes is one yes to be off to the races.
- You need to enjoy the grind and look forward to the bigger picture at the end.
- You have to handle your mistakes in a professional manner, no matter what your business is.
- Make a point to thank people when they do a good job and provide good service.
- James is testing a Social Media hiatus, hear how it goes on the next episode!
Buy this book.com (After you buy it, leave a review mentioning James!)